Am I fit to use pesticides?
You must be fit and well to use pesticides. If your health is not at its best, delay spraying until you are fit. Spraying pesticides safely takes skill and you need to be fit to spray.
Before using pesticides
Consider the health symptoms that could lead to increased exposure to pesticides.
- Migraine or blurred vision may stop you from fully focusing on the spraying task.
- Cuts or sores on your skin may allow the pesticide to be absorbed more easily through the damaged skin.
- A cold or sore eyes may distract you as it may not be safe to wipe your nose or eyes.
- Bandages or plasters may absorb pesticide into the fabric, which can be in contact with your skin for a long time.
- Aches, pains or fevers may stop you from carrying and using the sprayer safely.