Spraying insecticides or fungicides upwards with a knapsack sprayer
This video will show you how to spray a pesticide upwards, using water. Click the play button to view the video now or click on the script tab to view the storyboard. To view the video off-line, click the link from the 'download' tab.
- your pesticide label,
- your knapsack sprayer,
- clean water
- the amount of pesticide to be applied;
- the water volume rate to use; and
- the type of nozzle advised;
You will have used some of this information to find out the size of nozzle you need and so will now also know:
- your row or swath width or the width of the canopy that you will be spraying,
- your comfortable spraying speed, your
- your nozzle flow rate and the
- knapsack sprayer pressure or pumping rate.
Leave a small unsprayed area which is to be sprayed later with the water used to clean the inside of the sprayer.